Genuine kindness is no ordinary act, but a gift of rare beauty.
-Sylvama Rossetti

Monday, September 24, 2012

I wonder if people understand?





I Wonder If People
Understand What it is to Miss You

It isn't about accepting that you are gone
I am acutely aware that you are not here
It isn't about moving on
I move forward but you are no further from my mind
It isn't about forgetting you
You are still the first thing I think about in the
morning and the last thing at night
It is about learning to not reach for the phone
I miss sharing my joys and sorrows with you
It is about not feeling your loving arms hug me
I miss the intensity of your love
It is about no longer sitting and talking
I miss hearing about your hopes and dreams
It is about thinking about you every day
I miss you every day--

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment!