Genuine kindness is no ordinary act, but a gift of rare beauty.
-Sylvama Rossetti

Monday, November 8, 2010

The Spaghetti Challenge

One thing Josh loved and thought was the very best was his mom's homemade spaghetti!
Linda puts a little bit of this, and touch of that, a pinch of this, but most of all a whole lot of love.


I thought this was a cute poem when I saw it and had to share because it made me think of Josh and how he thought his mom's spaghetti was simply the best! 



















The Spaghetti Challenge
By: Leslie D. Perkins
My mom’s spaghetti is the best;
no other mom can beat it;
and every time she cooks it
I can hardly wait to eat it.

 I twist the strands around my fork
with wonderful control,
but as I raise them to my mouth
they fall back in the bowl.
 I twirl the noodles once again
with all the skill I’m able,
but as I lift them up to eat
they tumble to the table.
I spin my fork; spaghetti winds
around and round once more;
but as it nears my waiting lips
it slithers to the floor.
My mom’s spaghetti is the best;
no other mom can beat it;
but I would like it better
if I got a chance to eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment!